Exceptional Dental Implant Services in Des Moines to Restore Your Smile
Do you have missing teeth and want to restore your smile’s function and appeal? At Iowa Dental Arts, we have got you covered. Dr. Dennis Winter has gone through extensive education through the Pankey Institute. This enables him to provide you with specialized care and encourage your involvement as part of the process.
An implant is a versatile, permanent solution to restore your dental function, enhance your smile aesthetics, and preserve your oral health. This treatment is the only one that can replace both your missing tooth and its roots. Our dental office proudly serves our community in Des Moines and West Des Moines and we are happy to help you achieve your oral health goals. Call our compassionate staff today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (515) 225-8888 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide you with many advantages, including:
- Functional Benefits: Implant posts are surgically placed in the jaw, giving you a stable foundation for your new permanent teeth. This security allows you to chew properly and speak clearly.
- Aesthetic Benefits: Your new implant-supported restorations look and feel exactly like your natural teeth, giving you a confidently beautiful smile.
- Bone Health: Implants stimulate your jaws when you chew, preventing bone loss and helping you maintain a youthful appearance.
- Endurance: Implants can last for decades with proper care. Diligent home hygiene and regular dental visits help extend the life of your implant.
What to Expect with a Dental Implant Procedure
Dr. Winter will perform an exam and explain your treatment options to help you make an informed decision. The number and type of implants depend on your jawbone condition and overall oral health.
We provide various sedation methods to cater to anyone with dental anxiety. Our team offers nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and oral sedation when necessary. The details of dental implant surgery differ from patient to patient, but most follow these steps:
- The Treatment Plan - Dr. Winter first determines if you are a candidate for dental implants by examining your case. Our skilled staff will then perform all the needed CBCT scans and digital x-rays required for planning the surgery.
- Damaged Tooth Extraction - If you have a damaged tooth, we can perform a simple extraction before the procedure. However, we will refer you to a skilled specialist in our network for third molars or complex cases.
- Preparation of Jawbone and Gums - Healthy gums and strong jawbone density are necessary to achieve successful results. Depending on your oral health status, Dr. Winter may require some pretreatments before proceeding with implant placement. Laser periodontal treatment and bone grafting can be done in our office if needed.
- Dental Implant Placement - After your jawbone heals from any pretreatments, we can place the implant post. The posts are made of a biocompatible material and surgically placed in your jaw, which allows them to fuse naturally with your bone.
- Placing the Abutment - After the implant is placed, you’ll have a resting period to heal. Then, we affix the abutment to the post. This is a small connector that holds your new restoration securely to the post.
- Delivering Your New Tooth - We will take digital impressions and send them to our trusted lab for fabrication of your custom restoration. When it is ready, we will attach it to the abutment and make sure it fits correctly.
Implant Restorations We Provide
Dr. Winter offers restorations made of high-quality materials. These prosthetics can last for decades and restore beauty and full function to your smile. Our numerous restoration options include:
Crowns – A single implant and a crown are used to replace one missing tooth.
Fixed Bridges – This restoration can replace several missing teeth in a row. Instead of relying on adjacent healthy teeth for support, the implant posts hold your prosthetics in place.
Fixed Dentures – We offer both full and partial dentures to replace an entire arch or individual sections of adjacent missing teeth. An implant-supported complete denture uses six to eight implants to replace a whole arch. Partial dentures will have implants placed at strategic points to secure your prosthetic.
Do You Offer Bone Grafts?
Yes. If your jawbone doesn’t have enough strength to support the implants, we can perform a bone graft. During this surgery, the grafting material will be added to your jawbone to strengthen it. If you need a sinus lift, we will refer you to a talented specialist.
Full Mouth Reconstruction for a Brand-New Smile
If you wish to renew your smile’s look and functionality, Dr. Winter can give you a brand-new smile using a combination of cosmetic and restorative treatments. We can provide everything you need for full mouth reconstruction, from veneers and teeth whitening to custom restorations using up to six dental implants.
Excellent Dental Implant Services In Des Moines & West Des Moines
We provide Des Moines and West Des Moines communities with excellent dental implant services. At Iowa Dental Arts, Dr. Winter and our compassionate team are always happy to help you smile. If you have questions about implants or any of our services, call our friendly team today and schedule your visit!
CALL US: (515) 225-8888 REQUEST APPOINTMENT