Root Canal Therapy
Precision root canal therapy or endodontics is the branch of dentistry that focuses on treating the inside of the tooth, namely the dental pulp and tooth nerves. When tooth decay or damage is left untreated, it often reaches the inside of your tooth and causes a painful infection that can spread throughout the body. During root canal therapy:
- The tooth and the surrounding area is numbed with local anesthesia
- Tooth decay and damage is removed, including all infected dental pulp
- The tooth is cleaned and dried
- The inside of your tooth is filled with a medicated material
- The outside of your tooth is strengthened with a filling or dental crown
For more information on root canal therapy in Iowa, call the office of your Des Moines dentist at (515) 277-6657 or Click Here to schedule an appointment today!