- Smoking or tobacco use
- Drinking coffee, wine, tea, or dark-colored sodas
- Certain medications or illnesses
- Sugary or acidic foods
- Outdated metal dental restorations
- Whitening strips: Thin, plastic strips are worn over teeth to apply a whitening agent that contains 10 to 15 percent hydrogen peroxide.
- Take-home trays: Custom plastic trays are made from molds. They are filled with a gentle bleaching gel containing 15 to 35 percent hydrogen peroxide and worn over the teeth for a few hours a day.
- In-office laser whitening: A laser activates a gel containing 48 percent hydrogen peroxide that lightens your teeth by multiple shades in just one visit, for difficult cases.
It's important to talk about what kind of teeth whitening is right for you with your dentist. Everyone has a unique smile, so the same teeth whitening option may not work the same for two people. There may be other cosmetic options that could be better for your teeth - veneers and crowns, for example - that we can also help you with.
For more information on teeth whitening in Des Moines, call the office of your Iowa cosmetic dentist at (515) 277-6657 or Click Here to schedule an appointment today!