- Pain in the face, jaw, neck, ears, or shoulders
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds when chewing or opening and closing your mouth
- A stuck or locked jaw when you try to open your mouth wide
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or yawning
- Migraines, which include moderate to severe throbbing head pain accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light. The nerves in the TMJ come from a larger nerve called the trigeminal nerve; irritation of these nerves can cause migraines.
To end jaw pain caused by TMJ or TMD, call the office of the top provider of Des Moines oral surgery at (515) 277-6657 or Click Here to schedule an appointment today!